This Privacy Notice describes how Ocean Cobra Limited collects, uses and shares the information you provide to us and the information we collect in the course of operating our business and in using our websites.
In this Privacy Notice, where we refer to “we” “us” or “our”, we mean Ocean Cobra Limited and any other entities, which are associated with us.
Ocean Cobra Limited is a Guernsey registered trading company (reg no 49414).
We may collect information from you through your use of this and any other websites that we use in the course of our business, which also includes third party secure payment gateways and also when you request information from us or engage with us for any of our services. This includes newsletters and articles of interest that we may publish, social media site publications or postings or as a result of your relationship with us in the course of our business. Information can be collected by use of email or by any other form of communication that we or you may use. If we provide links to other websites you are advised to check the privacy notices on those web sites.
References in this notice to “your information” are also to personal information that you provide to us or which we otherwise gather in the course of operating our business.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect various types of personal data about you, including:
– your personal identification information including if necessary your passport or other identification details, personal data available in the public domain and such other information as may be necessary for Ocean Cobra Limited to provide its services and to complete its Customer Due Diligence (CDD) process and discharge its Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Combating the Finance of Terrorism (CFT) obligations
– your occupation where this is required for bills of sales relating to brokerage services
– your contact information, which may include postal address and e-mail address and your home and mobile telephone numbers
– financial information, such as bank details for the transfer of funds relating to our services
– if you apply for a position with us we may collect personal information relating to your past employment, professional qualifications and education, your nationality and immigration/residential status, opinions from third parties about you such as references and other details about you which may be sought during the process of recruitment. We may also review publicly available information about you on your social media accounts.
WHERE WE OBTAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your personal information, which you give us, from the following sources:
– documents as we may request that are completed in relation to the administration/management of any of our services
– any personal information provided by way of correspondence with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise
– your legal representatives
– your financial representatives
– information gathered through client due diligence processes carried out as part of our compliance with regulatory requirements
– our clients in connection with our business, on matters upon which we are or may be instructed
– entities in which you or someone connected to you has an interest
– personal information received in the course of dealing with advisors, regulators, official authorities and service providers by whom you are employed or engaged or for whom you act.
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT THROUGH OUR WEBSITES
Any personal information that you provide to us on our websites for the purpose of our services. You may also provide us with personal information if you contact us by email, contact forms on any media platform including social media sites, telephone or letter.
In addition to the information that you knowingly provide, Ocean Cobra Limited collects data to promote our services from the domain names and IP addresses of its visitors, along with usage statistics, analytics and browsing history. Please see our Cookies Notice for more details about this.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Ocean Cobra Limited are committed to protecting your privacy. We provide marine and marine related services our clients and we use your personal data for those purposes. We will not use your personal data for purposes that are not clear when we collect that data and will only use your personal information to:
– conduct administrative or operational processes within our business
– perform a contract that we may have with you
– compile anonymous statistics, for example website usage statistics
– comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
– process and respond to requests, enquiries or complaints received from you or someone connected to you
– send you marketing material where you have not opted out
– provide you with personalised content
– notify you of events
– for other legitimate business purposes.
HOW AND WHY WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information outside Ocean Cobra Limited. This may include disclosures to:
– third party agents, suppliers or contractors, in connection with the processing of your personal information for the purposes described in this notice
– any legal, enforcement or regulatory advisors or agents, which we may instruct from time to time or be instructed by
– third parties relevant to the marine and other services that we provide, which may include, but is not limited to: surveyors and crew and other professional service providers acting with or for us
– government institutions, tribunals and courts as may be required by law, regulation or court order, for example if we are under a duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation such as our AML/CFT obligations
– we may disclose your personal information for the purposes of seeking references and confirmation of the details which you have provided should you apply for a position with us.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
Where we may be required to transfer your personal information outside the Bailiwick of Guernsey for the purposes of the sale of your vessel for example, we will ensure that it is transferred in a manner consistent with legal requirements applicable to the information.
We may ask whether you wish to receive marketing, newsletters or other information from us. This may be done thorough our websites or other means for example email. We may also contact you by email or other means to inform you about other services or events which may be of interest to you.
You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you wish to do so, please either unsubscribe or contact us at email@example.com.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND SECURITY
Your personal information will be retained only for as long as required and in accordance with appropriate security measures:
– for the purposes for which the personal information was collected
– as required by data protection laws and any other applicable laws or regulatory requirements
– in order to establish or defend legal rights or obligations or to satisfy any reporting or accounting obligations.
ACCESS TO AND CONTROL OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the following rights in respect of the personal information about you that we process:
– the right to request that your personal information is deleted
– the right to correct your personal information
– the right to access and port your personal information
– the right to restrict the use of your personal information
– the right to object to processing of your personal information.
Where we have relied on consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
Please contact us if any of your personal information changes including your contact details. Failure to provide accurate updated information to us when required may have an impact upon our ability to provide services to you.
If you have to contact us for any reason please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
We may change this notice from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page to ensure that you agree with this notice prior to engaging our services. We will assume that you agree to this notice at the time you engage our services or introduce yourself to us.
Updated on 30 April 2020.